1. Looking across the tracks of the subway and seeing someone in the window of the opposite train, someone who is reading the perfect book and who wears that familiar combination of tired and hopeful on their delicate features.
2. Stirring your coffee in a small, quiet café where the music is just soft enough to remind you that it is playing every so often when you look up from your notebook.
3. Exchanging a few jokes with a charming stranger stuck in the same endless, bureaucratic line as you, reminding you that you are not alone in your battle with everyday tedium.
4. Sitting on the beach with old friends whom you are visiting for a few weeks in the summer, when the weather is just hot enough to permit you to stay out all night and enjoy one another’s company in a way you were always too busy to do.
5. Reading old chats and messages and letters with people you used to love, and remembering what it is about them that was so wonderful.
6. Looking at pictures where you are smiling in that unflattering way you almost never allow yourself to do, but you couldn’t help it because you were surrounded by people who made you just that happy.
7. Kissing outside at night when you’ve had just enough to drink that your cheeks are tingling and you are afraid that the words “I love you” might fall out of your mouth all by themselves.
8. Hearing someone tell you something that they’ve never told anyone before, because they never felt like anyone would really listen and actually understand.
9. Seeing someone be kind when they think that no one is looking, because they know it is simply the right thing to do.
10. Finding out that an old love is getting married to someone who is so much more right for them that you could have ever been, and realizing that you can love someone and not ever want them for yourself again.
11. Sitting at a restaurant by yourself and getting so deeply lost in your book that you forget you are even alone, and you feel as though you are on a date with the world’s most interesting person.
12. Telling someone that you’re happy for them, and watching their whole face light up with well-earned pride when they realize that you actually mean it.
13. Waiting at the bus stop and seeing the most perfect person in the most perfect outfit who is looking at the map with just as little understanding as you once did when you were new in the city.
14. Realizing that someone who is so very beautiful does not imagine themselves to be anything special.
15. Hearing someone say “If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know” and knowing that you can ask them anything and they would do their best to follow through.
16. Visiting someone when they are sick and seeing the way their eyes light up at the soup and juice you brought them.
17. Sitting in the movie theater with someone and watching them laugh out of the corner of your eye when they think something is really, really funny. Watching their dimples and eye creases form and wishing they knew just how wonderful every little line on their face is.
18. Seeing someone at the gym who is having just as hard a time as you but is still going at it every day.
19. Reading something online that makes you cry, alone, at your computer, simply because it makes you feel — in a way you are rarely lucky enough to feel — that there are other people like you.
20. Running into an old friend at the store and letting it bleed into a long coffee where you talk about every subject that you didn’t even realize had been lying dormant inside of you for years, longing to be confirmed and expressed and understood.
21. Looking across the restaurant at the couple who is too happy to notice anyone around them, and realizing that sometimes we can get a contact high, a little burst of pure joy, just from seeing people who are that in love.
You've probably answered this many times however (being a forgetful anon) I will ask again and you're welcome to respond/ignore as you see fit: What is your sexual orientation/preference?
To which I will answer with
See I think I am bisexual. However I haven’t really had any sexual experience with anybody so I can’t say for sure.
(apparently I come across as not wanting any physical contact with people which means no one tries to engage in it with me which in turn doesn’t help my self confidence in trying to engage anything myself because I feel undesirable and more and more inexperienced for my age. Bleh.)
“Stop waiting for friday, for summer, for a boy to fall in love with you. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make something of the moment you’re in right now.”—e-stablish (via e-stablish)
“Spare a thought for Sherlock. He’s had his challenges and had to confront them on his own. He’s coming back to, not a changed London, but his London is very changed. And empty flat, an engaged best friend, and not knowing how to engage with that is heartbreaking. It should be. It should be funny, but it should also be upsetting, hopefully. I hope to God it’s not too cute and that I got it right. I’m more nervous about that than anything else, about the gradations of him introducing himself back to Watson.”—
Repeat After Me: Not everyone has the time or the skill or the resources to sew cosplays and buying them is alright because they are just tryna enjoy conventions and the community just like anyone else and disrespecting them for that is silly and plain stupid.
“You think relationships are difficult? Try friendships. Try courting someone in order to convince them to join you in some nameless, shapeless Platonic complication — forever. Convince an adult stranger that you are worth a healthy slice of their limited time and energy without the prize of sex or romance.”—Laura Jayne Martin (via fancydressmasks)
Hey. Hey friend. I saw your tag. I think Mycroft is the best part of the trailer too. I'm drowning in Mycroft feelings. Always.
Yes! Ugh. Just Mycroft Holmes.
I have so much appreciation for him as a character. I mean can you imagine having to be the older sibling to Sherlock. The one who is expected to take on all the responsibility that is heaped on to older siblings but having that magnified x100 because Sherlock can be so self destructive and finds himself in life threatening situations or in a dance of wits with the most dangerous of criminals. Yet he so plainly cares for his brother and tries to accommodate him where he can while also trying to keep him from harm. All to Sherlock’s disdain and constant jabs. And on top of all that he is only in control of protecting the safety and stability of, oh I don’t know, all of the UK.
I don’t even know when Mycroft would really get the chance to even try to look after himself with all that heaped onto his shoulders.
Okay, So I’ve been meaning to do this since I changed themes (and wow that was ages ago so whoops).
Hello one and all (and welcome to those new followers).
I’m rather horrible at talking about myself so let’s see what happens.
I’m 21, Australian and if I wasn’t a Slytherin, I’d be a Ravenclaw. I’m the person who’ll tell you not to do that stupid stunt involving high walls or climbing trees - unless it means I’ll get a good photo in which case I’m game if you are!
My main fandoms are Sherlock, Merlin and Doctor Who, though you’ll find plenty from Supernatural, Torchwood, 00Q here…and then a random speckling of anime, manga and japanese dramas. ALSO LES MIS HOW DID I FORGET THAT.
I love musicals. My record so far is seeing six shows in a week (across Broadway and the West End). My favourite is Les Mis, which was also my first back in 2004.
I’m a photographer, of sorts, and my camera and I are free to anyone who wants photos of them taken (within reason, and living near me obviously) but I can’t direct to save my life. For that, you want bonzananza. She’s good with directions. I’m good with spur of the moment things - what I call ‘stalker photography’. If you’re planning a shoot, it’s probably better to go to her first because I get nervous and idealess.
Everything else is generally them being derps and me catching it on camera. Actually, if you’re here because of any of my photos/photosets, thankyou! I find people rarely follow the photographer and it means a lot when they do. For the rest, I’ll live vicariously through Brie and Sally and cackle when the multiple questions about where she got her coat/wig/shoes/shirt/face come flowing in.
I cosplay too so if you follow me, you’ll probably see the random sewing update or cosplay wip. There aren’t many photos of my cosplays out there, but they do exist! To date, I’ve done Lelouch (crossdressed as in that picture drama of Code Geass…also Suzaku because we needed a matching pair :P), Kyouya (also crossdressed from the Lobelia episode of Ouran), an Ouran schoolgirl (well, Haruhi but I didn’t have a wig at the time), Molly Hooper (I made that damn cardigan myself in 3 days and it hurt my hands stupid cherries). I’ve also got Molly’s Christmas dress.
Then there are the less well known things I’ve done like Soubi from Loveless, Rin Tohsaka from Fate Stay Night and Luna’s human form from Sailor Moon…and then there are the cracky BBC Sherlock things like a hedgehog!John and St Barts.
Yes, you read that correctly, I cosplayed a building. Tumblr prom last year, wingsunfurled and I went together. She was Sherlock. I was St Barts. Our ship name was Reichenbach.
We’re trolls. Massive. Massive. Trolls.
Oh yeah, and then there’s that time I went iceskating dressed as Jack Frost when he was human. Cape and all.
I met these crazy people (the Viclockians) in June 2012 and they haven’t left me alone since and sometimes? I can’t believe they haven’t been around all my life. They are now some of my closest friends and we get up to some really stupid shenanigans.
If you’re all the way down here now, I’ll assume you haven’t given up or just skipped to the end and you find me somewhat interesting. In which case, feel free to message me and say hi because meeting people is always cool.
What else can I say? I’m a former film student (I just finished my course) and I’m now doing a traineeship in theatre lighting which is just about my dream because I’ve always been a bit torn between film and theatre. I work in a TV Studio occasionally or do stints with amateur theatre or film shoots. I love editing videos and Photoshop and I are on very close terms. I don’t draw much because..well, I’m better at imitating than I am at creating original ideas and I lack the patience for it. I don’t know, I’m a bit contradictory when you look too close.
If you have any questions, let me know?
This is my awesome friend and photographer (who is the only reason I might actually look good in photos). If you are not following her you should really evaluate your choices.
that gifset's from agents of shield and the kid's literally saying "i'm okay"...
Okay thanks for the clarification. Regardless of that particular scene not being quoted correctly, it still doesn’t change that I stand by people of all races, genders and sexual orientations being properly represented in the media.